Tech Kids Unlimited is an award-winning nonprofit organization that teaches computer science thinking and technology to students ages 7-21 who learn differently. Our mission is to open up the field of technology to students with disabilities, especially those with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) to help them become the techies of tomorrow. Position Description The Development Associate is responsible for assisting in and supporting fundraising operations at Tech Kids Unlimited. This position reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with a team of other staff members. The position starts by Sept 1, 2021.
● Maintain the accuracy and integrity of a donor database by ensuring that all information is kept current and up to date; input data and run reports
● Create and manage a fundraising calendar
● Research new prospects
● Write corporate grants along with shepherding volunteer engagements
● Help with individual grants
● Help with compiling government grants
● Look over foundation grants written by ED
● Work on Midterm and Final reports with ED
● Help with community events
● Responsible for writing thank you letters and sending updates to donors in order to inform them of events and activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Excellent writer with proofreading/editing skills.
● Willingness to work on a database.
● Enjoys research
● Proficiency in Google Docs, Microsoft Word and Excel
● Has the ability to work flexible work hours when there are important deadlines.
● Displays exceptional time-management and organizational skills 2
● Demonstrates a professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via email or through letters.
● Is creative and interested in the mission of Tech Kids Unlimited
● Self-motivated; works well alone as well as under direct supervision.
● Enjoys being part of a collaborative staff and has a sense of humor Education and
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. Two to three years’ experience in the fundraising/development field. Experience related to business finance, journalism, technology, education or fundraising is ideal. Experience in organizing fundraising events is helpful but not required.
The work environment of a development associate fluctuates. During the processes of finding donors and volunteers, they may spend time indoors in an office setting or at home using a phone and a computer. However, during the process of setting up for and overseeing a fundraising event, the associate may need to be present and stand for many hours at a time. Tech Kids Unlimited offices are flexible; some work days can be at home and at our partner site NYU Tandon in downtown MetroTech in Brooklyn; there are no “formal” offices. TKU is following all Covid precautions and all staff are currently working at home.
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $58K-$62K commensurate with experience. The position includes medical benefits, telephone and internet subsidy and vacation as well as a supportive atmosphere. A computer and earbuds are also supplied.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org No telephone calls, please.
Tech Kids Unlimited is an equal opportunity employer that complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.